The Art of Getting By (2011)

Genre


Director


Country


Cast

Freddie Highmore, Emma Roberts, Michael Angarano, Blair Underwood, Rita Wilson, Elizabeth Reaser, Sam Robards, Alicia Silverstone, Jarlath Conroy, Ann Dowd, Marcus Carl Franklin, Sasha Spielberg, Maya Ri Sanchez, Ann Harada, Dan Leonard, Sophie Curtis 

Plot

George (Freddie Highmore), a lonely teen tormented about the big questions of life, who's made all the way to his senior year without ever having done a real day of work, is befriended by Sally (Emma Roberts), a beautiful and complicated girl who recognizes in him a kindred spirit.

Opinion

The Art of Getting By is a good film with a good story far from guaranteed. After meeting Sally, George slowly becomes a different person, but things between them don't goes as the viewer may imagine. The situation is more complicated and more real than usually - in movies. 
The excellent performances by Freddie Highmore and Emma Roberts themselves make this worth your time.


Quotes

George Zinavoy: I read a quote once when I was a kid "We live alone, we die alone. Everything else is just an illusion." it used to keep me up at night. 

George Zinavoy: I just feel like I'm full of shit, like I'm trying to be something that I'm not.

Rating

7.0/10

No comments :

Post a Comment