How to Be Single (2016)

Genres

Comedy, Romance

Director

Christian Ditter

Country

USA

Cast

Dakota Johnson, Rebel Wilson, Leslie Mann, Alison Brie, Damon Wayans Jr., Anders Holm, Nicholas Braun, Jake Lacy, Jason Mantzoukas, Colin Jost, Sarah Ramos, Brent Morin

Storyline

Apparently, there's a right way and a wrong way to be single and Alice (Dakota Johnson) is about to find out when she meets Robin (Rebel Wilson).

Opinion

If I have to be completely honest, I had no expectation whatsoever for How to Be Single. I was expecting it to be poor because of the review I've read, but I sure wasn't expecting it to be this poor. This is easily one of the most stupid and unfunny comedies I've ever seen.

I'm pretty sure there's a ring in hell for the people who wrote this crap. A pretty crowded ring considering how many people it took to come up with this utter mess. The storyline has nothing to offer but, sadly, it's not even the worst part. There is no plot. On the other hand, there are tons of subplots that won't fit into that storyline not even in a million years.

Also, did I mention how confusing it is? Not the story, that's so dumb, clichéed and predictable, it's incredibly easy to follow. No, I'm talking about the message the film is trying - or pretends to - to tell. The characters' stories resolve in different ways and send mixed messages and it's all very messy. But I guess that's what one-dimensional and unlikable characters deserve.

Unfortunately, that's not even rock-bottom. The humour deserves that spot. It is simply terrible. There's nothing more than toilet and crude sex jokes; also, they all fall flat. Not to mention the pointless and pathetic attempts of the cast at being funny. 

Or Rebel Wilson who tries so hard to be Melissa McCarthy. Or Dakota Johnson who looks like she's in pain all the time as if she has one of Christian Grey's toys shove up her ass.

4 comments :

  1. lmao your closing line.

    I saw most of this on HBO recently and you're right. It's bad. Rebel Wilson just isn't funny IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if using it but damn, it was just perfect to close lol

      Delete
  2. Yup, it's rotten all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kinda disappointed to be honest because the trailer had me believe I would actually chuckle once.

      Delete