All Is Lost (2013)

Genre

Director

Country

Cast
Robert Redford

Plot
Somewhere in the Indian Ocean (1700 nautical miles from the Sumatra Straits), a man (Robert Redford) says, "I'm sorry. I know that means little at this point, but I am. I tried. I think you would all agree that I tried. To be true, to be strong, to be kind, to love, to be right, but I wasn't." He declares, "All is lost".
Eight days earlier, as he wakes up, he sees that water has started to flood his boat.

Opinion
Kudos to the director, which has been able to make a film against the interest of the average viewer. 
The sound editing is spectacular; the cinematography outstanding. The scenes shot underwater are amazing. 
All Is Lost gives Redford the opportunity to show off his acting skills; basically without any lines, he's able to communicate properly with his facial expressions and his hands. If you don't like Robert Redford - do people like that really exist? - I highly recommend you to not watch this film.


Quotes
13th of July, 4:50 pm. I'm sorry. I know that means little at this point, but I am. I tried, I think you would all agree that I tried. To be true, to be strong, to be kind, to love, to be right. But I wasn't. And I know you knew this. In each of your ways. And I am sorry. all is lost here, except for soul and body, that is, what's left of them, and a half day's ration. It's inexcusable really, I know that now. How it could have taken this long to admit that I'm not sure, but it did. I fought till the end. I'm not sure what that is worth, but know that I did. I have always hoped for more for you all. I will miss you. I'm sorry.

Rating
7.5/10

No comments :

Post a Comment