Mt. Rushmore of Movies Blogathon '18


Here's a little story. I pulled a hangnail about a week ago. I don't usually do that but I had this job interview (it went well by the way and I should soon start my trial week) and I was so nervous, I just had to. In the following days, the fingertip became swallen and red and hurt so f**king much I had to learn to type and use the mouse without my right index. Do you know how hard that is? Anyway, I'm so dramatic I started to think I'd lose the finger. That's when and why I started picturing myself as a villain.

And that's also where I got my idea for m.brown's annual Mt. Rushmore of Movies blogathon. Just in case you didn't get it, I'm doing the Mt. Rushmore of Villains.

The rules are simple, here they are:
  1. I'd like to have all posts done by Friday, March 2nd (where I'll create a master list, linking back to all of your, er, both of your sites), but it's cool if you finish way before that. Or later. I honestly don't mind.
  2. Send me a heads up/steamy nude pic on twitter @twodollarcinema , reply in the comments below, text me, e-mail me (twodollarcinema@gmail.com), fart in my general direction, whatever you want, when you've finished, okay? That would be mighty kind of you.
  3. In your post, please use the rad banner my wife designed when she should have been working.
  4. Share the announcement with every single person you've ever met. Or being that we're all bloggers, you're digital friends.
  5. Be awesome. And if you're here, already know that you are anyway.

And without further ado, I present you four villains that should be carved into that mountain. Why? (a) because villains deserve more love and (b) because these are pretty awesome. I choose not to pick villains from franchising. This way Kylo Ken won't force-choke me for carving his grandfather into the mountain and snubbing him.

Norman Bates, Psycho (1960)


He is a monster but he is human. He is the guy who could be standing next to you right now. Or it could be you. That's what's so scary about him. He was the first of this kind which is why he was so effective in the 1960s and still is.

Patrick Bateman, American Psycho (2000)


He is a monster dressed in nice suits. He is a crazy man obssessed with his appearence and being better than anybody else, but ultimately he is a terrifying serial killer who does weird sex stuff and  must listen to the right music while murdering people.

Anton Chigurh, No Country For Old Men (2007)


He is a psychopatic killer with no remorse or compassion. He uses a bolt pistol both to execute his victims and to destroy locks on doors. He flips a coin to decide who lives and who dies. And he's probably the villain with the worst haircut ever.

Hans Landa, Inglourious Basterds (2009)


There's plenty of Nazi villains and they usually are psychotic, deformed or a combination of both. But not SS Colonel Hans Landa. He is a psychopath, can't argue on that one, he is ruthless and arrogant, but he is also intelligent, police and charming. And he speaks so many languages.

I have to go return some videotapes now. Please go and participate in m.brown's bloghaton, I don't want to go get some duct tape. If you know what I mean. 

14 comments :

  1. Oh shit.... those are four crazy-ass motherfuckers I would not want to fuck with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now...this sounds very interesting but I will not send any nude pick as that would be most terrifying:) I have to give some thought but I might engage in this fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't worry, nobody does that. I think. I can't wait to read yours.

      Delete
  3. I've only seen American Psycho and that is one great performance by Bale. It's a chilling film, and partly why it works is because of his performance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. Same goes with the other three characters, they work so well because of the performances.

      Delete
  4. This. Is. Amazing.

    Really, your selections are utter perfection for me, Sonia. I often think that Chigurh might be the best bad guy ever, but you nailed it with Norman Bates. He's so unassuming...so initially wimpy...but holy shit is he frightening! Same goes for Landa. Smooth guy, almost likable...but so completely sinister. Love it.



    Oh, and Bateman? I don't think there are words for that guy. Screams maybe. But no words...


    Thank you so much for participating! I love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you so much for hosting this. It's fun joining and even more fun reading the other posts :)

      Delete
  5. Porca miseria che bell'accozzaglia di bastèrdi! XD
    Il mio preferito rimane sempre Patrick Bateman ma anche gli altri mi mettono i brividi solo a ricordarli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bateman è probabilmente anche il mio preferito.

      Delete
  6. I hope your finger gets better! I love where you went with this, excellent choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't argue against any of these guys. They are all rotten in such delicious ways. Great entry!

    ReplyDelete