A Beautiful Mind (2001)

Genre


Director


County


Cast

Russell Crowe, Ed Harris, Jennifer Connelly, Paul Bettany, Josh Lucas, Adam Goldberg, Anthony Rapp, Vivien Cardone, Christopher Plummer, Judd Hirsch, Jason Gray-Stanford

Plot

The film tells the story of John Forbes Nash Jr. (Russell Crowe), a mathematical genius, who made an astonishing discovery early in his career and stood on the brink of international acclaim.
But soon Nash finds himself on a painful and harrowing journey of self-discovery once he is diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Opinion

I tried to watch this film about a year ago, but I didn't like it and I quit. I gave it another try and it was worth it. A Beautiful Mind is a fantastic film, and a great tribute to the life of John Nash. Although mathematics is a pillar of the plot, the film is never boring.
Ron Howard does an amazing job engaging the audience, and making them experience mental illness. Akira Goldman's screenplay, based on Sylvia Nasar's A Beautiful Mind, is brilliant. 
Russell Crowe is excellent. He does not act as Nash, he is Nash. The way he conveys mental illness is amazing. The elaborate makeup partially age Nash, Crowe does the rest. And most important, Crowe does not overshadow Nash. Jennifer Connelly is amazing as well as supporting actress. The chemistry between them is amazing.


Quotes

Dr. Rosen: Imagine if you suddenly learned that the people, the places, the moments most important to you were not gone, not dead, but worse, had never been. What kind of hell would that be?

Nash: What truly is logic? Who decides reason? My quest has taken me to the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional, and back. I have made the most important discovery of my career - the most important discovery of my life. It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reasons can be found. I am only here tonight because of you. [looking at his wife] You are the only reason I am. You are all my reasons. Thank you.

Rating

8.8/10

No comments :

Post a Comment