Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)

Genre


Director


Country


Cast

Ted White, Kimberly Beck, Corey Feldman, Erich Anderson, Joan Freeman, Clyde Hayes, Judie Aronson, Lawrence Monoson, Crispin Glover, Peter Barton, Barbara Howard, Camilla More, Carey More, Bruce Mahler, Lisa Freeman, Bonnie Hellman

Storyline

Thought to be killed by Chris Higgins in the last massacre at Camp Crystal Lake, Jason Voorhees (Ted White) escapes from the morgue and kills his way back to the camp to once again murder its inhabitants.

Opinion

I've been told this one is one of the best entries in the series, but I'm not that sure about it.

With its lying title, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter is as stupid as its predecessors, and as fresh as rotten eggs.

Still with the same old storyline, the film suffers from a complete lack of plot - not that is something new in this franchise - that results in some unbelievably pointless sequences.

Also, it is illogical as never before. I mean, all those mass murders happened in the same damn location but people keep on going there like nothing has happened? I wouldn't care if the news says the killer is dead, I wouldn't go in a place like that for a million dollars. And Jason, for fuck sake, he never dies! He had his head wide open and was still moving.

Oh, the nudity. As if the previous installments didn't do it enough, this film focuses even more on nudity and sex rather than focusing on terror. Nobody - at least I think so - watches horrors for nudity. Almost every woman shows her tits and ass, and while I'm pretty sure men did appreciate this, I find this objectification very annoying.

The characters are still useless, undeveloped, and one-dimensional that you actually want to see them die, in particular Ted with his annoying laugh and dead fuck lines. I kinda liked Rob but it was predictable he was going to die since guys never survive. Also, I was disappointed to see the hitchhiker only for a few seconds.

Since this claims to be the final chapter, it was really annoying not to see what happened to the surviving kids of the previous movies.

If acting was a pendulum between screaming and screaming louder, a huge part of this cast should have won an Oscar. And I absolutely have to say this or I will regret it: Crispin Glover plays a horny George McFly but what a dance off!

1 comment :

  1. For most of us fans, this is one of the better F13 flicks mostly due to a bit more coherent story than is normal and the raw ending. As for the nudity, I think the next installment actually sets the series record for it, if I'm not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete