Thursday Movie Picks: Store/Supermarket/Mall Movies


Welcome to Thursday Movie Picks, a weekly series hosted by Wandering Through the Shelves where each Thursday you have to pick three films to match the week's topic.

So this week's topic is movies related to stores, supermarkets and malls. At first I wanted to pick one for each category, but then I was like "nah, I'm going with these three", so here they are:


Notting Hill (1999)

This romantic comedy follows William, an unsuccessful Notting Hill bookstore owner, whose life changes completely when he meets the world's most beautiful and famous actress. I know, another rom-com in my picks, and it isn't even that great but it has British charm and humour and that is enough to win me over.

Bad Santa (2003)

Two conmen posing as Santa and his Little Helper to rob department stores on Christmas Eve? That's exactly what this dark comedy is about. Pretty much. It is incredibly funny, crude, rude yet touching and one of my favourite Christmas movies ever. And did I mention it stars Billy Bob Thornton? 

The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005)

When Andy's colleagues find out that he is 40 and still a virgin, his life becomes a series of attempts to get laid, but along the way he meets a nice mom and they fall in love. This is not a rom-com, okay? Sure, it is a hilarious comedy and there also happens to be some romance, but that doesn't make of it a rom-com. Oh, Andy works in a store, that's how this is related to the topic. 

12 comments :

  1. That's so weird you picked The 40 Year Old Virgin, I was randomly thinking about all of them working at Best Buy yesterday. I haven't seeing Notting Hill, but I love the other two picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it recently and I liked it so much I just couldn't not pick it.

      Delete
  2. I think you picked some solid choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these great comedies, specifically The 40-Year-Old Virgin, which didn't even cross my mind. I LOVE that movie so much. Notting Hill is one of the better rom-coms, since I can actually stand Julia Roberts in it. And Bad Santa is a must around my house at Christmastime. Nice picking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Notting Hill which is weird because I am not a fan of rom-coms.

      Delete
  4. I still have to see the 40 Year Old Virgin and know it is probably quite funny but I have seen the other 2 and picked Bad Santa as well. It's also one of my favouRote Christmas movies. Nothing Hill is a sweet movie that Hugh Grant made...he made so many in this style didn't he?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure did, but I kinda like him this way

      Delete
  5. I went with Bad Santa as well, and really enjoyed 40 Year Old Virgin. I'm not a fan of Notting Hill, I hated Julia Roberts' character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's all on Julia Roberts, you either love her or hate her.

      Delete
  6. A couple of outside the box picks. I'm not a massive Notting Hill fan - mostly because I was made to watch it way too many times. I find it amusing that he owns just a book shop devoted to travel books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost pink 4YOV too. Funny movie.

    ReplyDelete