Wreck-It Ralph (2012)

Genres

Adventure, Animation, Comedy

Director

Rich Moore

Country

USA

Voice Cast

John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, Alan Tudyk, Mindy Kaling, Joe Lo Truglio, Ed O'Neill, Dennis Haysbert, Adam Carolla, Horatio Sanz, Rich Moore

Storyline

Tired of being the guy everyone hates, video game villain Wreck-It Ralph (John C. Reilly) sets out to fulfil his dream to become a hero. But it's not that simple and his quest brings havoc to the whole arcade world. 

Opinion

A dumb movie. That's what I thought Wreck-It Ralph was going to be and that's why I never bothered watching it. But then I read the storyline, which I never do, and it did intrigue me a bit so I gave it a chance. And it was a pretty good surprise.

Although pretty simple and quite predictable, the story is engaging and very enjoyable from start to finish and it does have a few surprising twists and turns that makes it a little bit more interesting. What's really interesting about the film though it's the lesson it teaches. Unlike I thought, it does not show how a villain can become a good guy, but it shows that's the most important thing is being yourself and starting to appreciate you for who you are. Then, and only then, people will respect you. 

It also delivers a beautiful message of friendship with the beautiful relationship between Ralph and Vanellope, a cute and adorable character who is an outcast, just like Ralph. And it did really surprise me how mature she sounded at times. And how developed the characters were overall. And the video game fans will love spotting the characters and references. And the voice cast is also quite impressive.

At last but not least, Wreck-It Ralph is also beautifully animated which does not come as a surprise since it's from the Walt Disney Studios. The animation is indeed amazing, filled with cute and colourful characters and very detailed background. 

5 comments :

  1. I've heard nothing but good things about this film but just never felt the urge to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent film, in my opinion, for many of the reasons given. I truly enjoyed my time in Ralph's world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I so regret not watching it sooner.

      Delete
  3. Ralph Spaccatutto รจ uno dei film d'animazione che preferisco in assoluto... Quello che preferisco in assoluto dell'era moderna Disney. Mi ha fatto palpitare il cuore.

    ReplyDelete