Thursday Movie Picks: Television Edition: Non-English Language TV Series


It seems like yesterday when the theme for Wandering Through the Shelves' Thursday Movie Picks was non-English TV series and yet it was a year ago. Anyways, last year I went with three Italian shows. This year I'm still going with random series from Europe that I used to watch when I was a kid/younger.

Notruf Hafenkante (2007- )

It's set in Hamburg, Germany, and follows the members of a police department and a team of doctors of a nearby hospital. I really liked this one but then they stopped showing it. And when they started it again I didn't care anymore. 

Sous le soleil (1996-2008)

It follows the lives and romances of three women living in Saint-Tropez, on the French Riviera. I don't remember much about this other than watching it with my mother. 

Un paso adelante (2002-2005)

It follows the professors and the students of a prestigious art school in Spain. I loved this one, like really, really loved it. It's probably the first show where I cared about the characters, loved some and hated others. I'm still waiting for that reunion movie. 

2 comments :

  1. This is such a hard week for me, I've never heard of any of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Italian and I watch tons of those crappy series we have here but it was a tough week for me too.

      Delete